Toxic chemicals have great potential to adversely impact your health (including your weight). The scary part is that they can be found in excess right in the comfort of your own home. Common sources of chemical exposure include food and food packaging, household cleaning agents, and personal care products. The Top 7 are as follows:
- Processed Foods: Check out this 3 minute video about how many of these chemical-laden “foods” are not being tested or monitored by the FDA, and what to do about it.
- “According to the EPA, indoor air contains 2 to 5 times more contaminants than outdoor air, and on occasion, as much as 100 times more.”
- Flame Retardants: “Couch cushions, carpeting, mattresses, children’s items and electronics are common sources of toxic flame retardant chemicals, many of which have been linked to serious health risks, including infertility, birth defects, neurodevelopmental delays,18 reduced IQ and behavioral problems in children, hormone disruptions,19 and cancer.”
- Personal Care Products: Click this link to see which ingredients you want to look for and avoid: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep
- Inappropriate Lighting Conditions: “Besides chemical exposures, your home and living conditions can also make or break your health in other ways. For example, to optimize sleep, you’ll want to optimize lighting conditions so that you get plenty of natural sunlight during the day and minimal artificial lighting at night.”
- Inappropriate Temperature: Studies have shown that sleeping in cooler temperatures helps burn belly fat!
- Excessive EMF (Electromagnetic Field) Exposure: Electro-magnetic emissions and “dirty electricity” can undermine other efforts to improve your health.
Click here to see this article in full.
There is so much to learn, and we at The Spring are here to clarify and help you heal. Damage from toxins can manifest in many different ways. If you feel you have been exposed, and would like to know if it is affecting your current state of health, give us a call (512) 445.7373 and set up your appointment. You can also check out our website to learn more.
We hope you found this helpful. Ridding your body of toxic chemicals is an integral step on the path to true healing. We are here for you. See you soon.
Written by Laura Bautista, Patient Advocate & Health Coach